Sunday, June 17, 2012

Baking Soda Magic!

I know everyone is highly entertained with my burned rhubarb pan saga. So, here is the final chapter.

I was cleaning the breakfast dishes this afternoon and thought maybe it was time to try and clean the burned crud out of that d@mn pan.  I dumped the soaking water out of it and found that nifty little Pampered Chef tool and started scraping the black stuff.  Lo and behold, the soaking seemed to work.  I then got my humongous bag of baking soda out of the pantry closet.


I got this trusty "industrial size" bag from my favorite Sam's Club. I am not sure how I am going to use it all.

Anyway, a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I was at a friend's house and she was cleaning her stoneware with baking soda. I was like, "You can do that?!?"  She was like, "It was on the instruction sheet with the pan." Me, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...."  I guess I should read those handy little booklets that come with my new stuff. Well, better late than never, like they always say.

I will refresh every one's memory from the beginning. 

The original burned mess.


After the first scrub. It obviously needed a second and a third, after a long soak.


And here is the final cleaned product after about two weeks sitting in water.
TaDAAAAA!!!


I know the edges aren't all sparkly, but, I was getting very, veryyyyyyy tired of scrubbing that pan. THIS is good enough for me.


And here is my favorite pizza pan. I finally decided to actually "wash it" or baking soda the snot out of it, since, I have been going between making cookies and pizza on it and only scrapping off the excess remnant.  (Holy run-on Batman!) This was after it was soda-ed. I like to call it seasoned. Not dirty. So there.

That's it for today. Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sympathize.