Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman review & Walmart savings!!

Since the newly remodeled AMC theater in my area has the most awesome recliner seat seating - which I know I have mentioned before - I feel it's necessary to go to the movies more. They have nice and early showings which are perfect for me, so I can get home to C#1 and C#2 in a timely manner. So my Mom and I planned on going to see "Snow White and the Huntsman."


The movie trailers made it look like a potentially good movie. And I wasn't disappointed.  

I wasn't going to see Kristen Stewart (she's lame,) but, I might say I went to see Thor aka Chris Hemsworth, since he's kinda hot.  Charlize Theron looked like a bad @ss queen and according to the reviews, I skimmed. She pulled it off stunningly!  

I definitely enjoyed this take on the Snow White fairy tale. It did have it's "fairy tale" moments -- read fairies, funky friendly animals, etc.  But, it had it's LOTR moments and medieval feel which I do especially like. 

I will be buying this on dvd, so that my kid's can see it.  It's far cheaper to wait for the dvd, than it is to take them to the movies (tickets, concessions, timing etc make it very, very expensive.)

And then I saved over $21.00 at Walmart!!!  That is one of the reasons I love shopping at Walmart. "OutWalmarting" Walmart, as I like to say. Not that they care.  I did buy a bunch of stuff besides the "price match," so it was a win for all.

That's it for now. Till next time...



No comments: