Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strawberry Margaritas!

The family headed to the local "Strawberry Festival" today. We did not buy one thing that had a strawberry in it. I must say, in the past, I have purchased such items and been disappointed with the taste. Not strawberry-ey enough, not sweet enough, etccccccccccc...

We did sample some barbecue and were immediately sold. And we had barbecue dinner for lunch. The baked beans were even good! I am not a huge fan. There are only a few types I like and this is apparently one of them.


I shared this with C#2, since I knew we couldn't possibly eat a whole one on our own.

Anyway, after walking around for a 100 miles we went home. AND then I made strawberry margaritas! And they were awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!


Like I said I am always disappointed with the way too expensive drinks at the festival and I decided to make my own. Cheaper and MORE alcohol!! WhooHoo!!

Fill blender with:
1 cup ice cubes
3 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
2 packages of sour mix (I used Bartenders Whiskey Sour Mix packets)
6-8 strawberries, sliced.
1/4 cup sugar (or less or even none -- depends on how sweet you like it.)
splash of lemon juice

Blend until smooth, dump in a glass and enjoy!

Serves 2.

I accidentally figured out the triple sec trick, because I was having a "reading problem" and mixed up the measurements for the tequila and triple sec. But, lo and behold, it tastes better with more triple sec! I love when I accidentally make something better!

That's it for today.... Till next time!







2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm gonna come by and grab some strawberry drinks next year!!

BB said...

Please do!!