Monday, June 11, 2012

Dinner is served...

I recently purchased a big chunk of feta cheese and had some "leftover" from the previous batch that needed to be used. Instead of poring through my bazillion cookbooks, I headed to the internet and found this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/feta-cheese-and-bacon-stuffed-breasts/

Here's the recipe (in case you don't want to go to the link.)
FETA CHEESE AND BACON STUFFED BREASTS

Ingredients

  • 8 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 4 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 4 slices feta cheese
  • 4 slices bacon, fried and drained

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix together. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour oil mixture over chicken.
  3. Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice feta cheese and 1 slice bacon. Secure open sides with toothpicks.
  4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.


Let me just say it was delicious!! I have another feta/chicken/tomatoes recipe I use all of the time and I like that this one didn't have tomatoes on it. I do loveeeeeeeeeeee tomatoes, but, sometimes it takes away from the other flavors. It should be noted I added wayyyyyy more feta cheese than the recipe said. And who has ever seen "slices" of feta?!?! That stuff does not slice.  It turns into a crumbly mess.

So basically when I "stuffed" the breasts I grabbed a glob of cheese and "stuffed" it. Also I did cut "pockets" into the breasts, which the recipe didn't instruct me to do.  I guess they are assuming you know how to do the stuffed thing.  Which I do.  I was using humongous chicken breasts, so I cut them in half. Therefore they didn't "seal" or close like they were supposed to. But, that clearly doesn't matter. It tasted fabulous with all that cheese falling out of it!



This was a super easy recipe and super delicious! And the broccoli was good, too.

Till next time....

No comments: