Saturday, November 3, 2012

Oh Dear! I'm Getting Old!


I'm not gonna tell you how many candles are on there. Not that I really care, mind you. YOU can count them if you really want to know.  But, the candles pretty much over ran the cake which equals OLD! Of course, it isn't even my birthday, yet. But, I will never say "no" to cake!

Today we were running around all of creation for C#1's "big wig" concert. He was selected to perform with a larger group outside the normal local area.  He was in a show with 400 students from 117 different middle schools/high schools. It was quite an honor. And it was very impressive.  I was joking with his band teacher that we have set the bar pretty high for our first school band concert.  I guess the local yocals are really gonna have to step it up!


I have also discovered that my newly reinstated toaster oven (since the toaster bit it) can actually broil!! I know, I know. Not anything special, butttttttttttttt, when you are a dunce like me and couldn't use the broiler in the oven if I wanted to -- read burn to a charred, flaming crisp (I'm pretty sure I blogged about that)-- THAT is an accomplishment.

This lovely item will fit a 12 inch pan -- handle out, but, that is entirely okay, since I just need a slight browning on the top.


This was a "Triple D Macaroni and Cheese" with panko bread crumbs, nicely broiled on top. It was delicious! I remember the last time I tried this, it wasn't very successful. Imagine the same set up, except the mac was black! No lie.

I haven't done any extraordinary cooking of late, besides what is pictured above. But, I will try and remedy that soon.

Till next time...





No comments: