Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas & Wreck It Ralph

I was trying to think of something Mexi to make for dinner. I had hamburger and thennnnnnn I remembered I had a bunch of flour tortillas. I was debating between regular tacos or something fried or baked. I happened upon a recipe for enchiladas, buttttttttt, it was for chicken.  But, you know I will NOT allow a main ingredient get in my way!

Cook 1 lb. ground beef and 1/2 cup onion with taco seasoning
Add 1 can refried beans, mix well.
Add 1-2 cups sour cream
Add 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat through.

Add 1 cup of beef/bean mixture to each 8 inch flour tortilla. Fold up and place in 10x13 inch pan.
Top all of the tortillas with 1 cup salsa and 1/2 cup cheese.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.



These were really easy to make and everyone liked them -- well mostly. C#2 is usually the "picky" one, so she just ate the meat part, by itself.

This weekend we also took C#1 and C#2 to see the movie "Wreck-It Ralph."


It was pretty good for a kid flick. The children and hubby loved it. It had lots of nostalgic video game Easter eggs.  It was cute and kidsy. I have found of late, my tolerance for kid's movies is pretty small.  I must be turning into an old fart or something.  

Well, that's it for today. Till next time...

PS... "The Descent: Part 2" was just okay. Definitely not as good as the first.  More of a "b-movie." Some of it was laughable.  But, I enjoyed watching it --- and will probably not watch it ever, again...


No comments: