Friday, November 9, 2012

Spinach & Feta Dip!!! And The Descent: Part 2!

I was looking through a magazine and came upon a two page spread with all sorts of yummy dips. The top one caught my eye "Spinach & Feta Dip" (page 8, People Extra Magazine: Holiday 2012).


8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
10 oz. fresh spinach, sauteed, drained and chopped (I used frozen, thawed)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Blend all the ingredients in food processor: cover and chill for at least an hour. Makes 2 cups.

Thawing the spinach and softening the cream cheese


I put the thawed spinach in a skillet and cooked for about a minute. Added the cream cheese to the spinach to melt. Mooshed it around in the skillet, until smooth-ish (I don't own a food processor and that just seems like too much work.) Then added the feta, sour cream, S&P. Put it in a bowl and plopped into the fridge. I halved the recipe, for the initial trial run.

It tastes really great with tortilla chips and also spread on Ritz crackers. And it's super easy to make! And you could even argue that it's "good" for you. Greens and calcium -- lots of calcium.

Then I was looking on Netflix. I have mentioned in the past that it can be very overwhelming. Butttttt, I happened upon "The Descent: Part 2."  Now I really liked the first one. And am so excited to watch the second!!!


I can't wait to tell my hubby. He will groan and roll his eyes. He didn't particularly like the first one. I tend to like the gory, gross, horror flicks and him not so much. Maybe I will just have to find a time to watch it in my own.  It isn't supposed to be as "good" as the first one. Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 55%, but, I'm game!!! I will have to let you know how it was at a later date.

Till next time...


No comments: