Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Genius Cookbook Holder! And Scoopable Sweet Potatoes!

My Mom posted a nifty idea for a cookbook holder. And you probably have one in your closet. A pants or skirt hanger!


This example is a little bit cockeyed because the recipe was the very last one in the book I was using --- sooooo one side was definitely heavier than the other. And I will be blogging about that recipe in the near future!

I also decided to cook up some squash and the sweet potatoes I had to make some dessert.  I discovered that if you cook the potatoes and squash to nearly charred (black on the skins,) they are easily removed from their skin.  I cut the potatoes in half and could pretty much peel the skin off and scooch out the potato-y goodness.  I am sure I'm just slow to figuring this out. But, I haven't had too much experience with sweet potatoes.  I usually buy that stuff in a can, if I even bother at all.

That's it for now. Till next time!




No comments: