Thursday, January 5, 2012

Drinks!

My youngest sister just turned 21 and I tried, let me stress tried to bring in her new year with some cheer! I don't think I was too successful. First off, she's not a huge fan of alcoholic beverages -- which is probably a good thing. And second, she wasn't too excited about getting a hangover (I'm with her on that one.)  Truth be told I am a major wuss when it comes to drinking. I like the nice buzz, but, have only been "drunk" once. I made friends with the royal throne, but, thankfully I didn't get a hangover. I have decided to NOT push my luck   in the future.  Sooooooooooooooooo.... If you wanna go drinking to get trashed, I will be the designated driver (in YOUR vehicle, in case of a puking mishap.)  I hope you enjoyed how I just went off on a tangent....

Here are the drinks that I concocted for the birthday event:


This was a blueberry/grape colada. I bought grape rum and had no clue what to do with it. This drink tasted great, so now the rum definitely has a use. My sis even liked it, since it was very fruity!


This is a grown up "Peppermint Patty Frappe" with creme de menthe. I added too much alcohol, but, once I added more milk, all was good in the world.  The birthday girl didn't favor this one, but, I sure liked it!!


And the last drink of the evening -- a strawberry colada. I bought fresh strawberries, so what's not to like?

I should state that we drank these over a 7-8 hour period. So no one was getting drunk. Not even a little bit tipsy.

Earlier that day ,she picked out a cake, at the grocery store. We had it decorated with her name and age. The lady at the bakery made an effort to make it extra nice by adding loads of colorful sprinkles at no extra charge.  AND we waited until midnight on her birthday to eat it, so we could do the whole singy song thing ON her birthday. C#1 and C#2 were happy to stay up until midnight. Then the sis and I started a movie at 1:00 a.m., after everyone else went to bed. Needless to say we were very tired, later that morning.  And that about sums up that extravanganza!

I had a great time and I think she did, too. 











No comments: