Friday, January 27, 2012

A crunched mailbox and pie.

Today was an interesting day. This morning I heard a truck driving up our road and then stop near the house. I peeked out the window and there was a pick up truck using our driveway as a turn around. Well the dumb@ss driver proceeded to back-up right into our mailbox. He got out of the truck looked briefly at the mailbox area and then the back of his truck. He then hopped back into the truck and drove away.

It was raining outside, but, I had to see what the damage was, since I had just put mail in it this morning and needed to make sure it was still there. Upon the initial inspection it appeared that the only thing that was damaged was the local coupon newspaper thingy.  C#2 got home and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Did someone hit the mailbox?" I hadn't noticed any damage on the mailbox and decided to re-check. Lo and behold the door on the front was bent a little. It was still functional, so not a big deal.... I guess. What is annoying is this mailbox is fairly new -- just over a year old.  And the fact that the doof didn't even leave a note or anything.  I think we figured out who owns the vehicle since it was a company truck. And the fact that there is very little traffic on our road, since it is seasonal at one end.

Here's the damage.  Like I said, nothing too horrible. I'm just annoyed he didn't leave any information, in case there was a real problem.

It will be interesting to see if we get the Pennysaver this week.  The thing won't stay upright and will probably dump the paper onto the ground.

The minor damage of scraped paint and the door edge pushed back.

Okay.... Enough about that.  This evening, I decided to try my hand at yet, another squash dessert. I found a Paula Deen Banana Cream Pie recipe and substituted the banana for squash. It tastes GREATTTTTTTT!!! Everyone loved it!!! I will need to write it down, since I did "make" the recipe my own.  The pictures don't do it justice, since I couldn't cut and scoop a nice piece if I tried.


The whole thing.

And a single piece.

I really need to stop making dessert or just stop cooking. It's really not good for my waist.  I am only allowed water for the rest of the day!

Till next time...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

After looking at your pictures, my hubby just started ranting about a "carrot/apple" pie that he had. I'll explore and get back to you for further beta carotene based pie recipes.... :)