Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today was BAKING day!


This is "Apple Cranberry Cake." I have made it before with raisins (I didn't have any cranberries on hand.) But, today I found a whole bag of them in the freezer and decided to give it another go.  I followed the recipe mostly, but, added more cinnamon and vanilla. It was very good with some whipped cream or ice cream. Definitely more tart than the previous apple/raisin concoction.




The other day the hubby made a comment about not having had a soft pretzel in a long time.  He was feeling the need to go to an Auntie Anne's, so I found a recipe and made my own.  I also made some Velveeta sauce to dip these in. They turned out GREAT! And they weren't that difficult to make.  Everyone loved them!


And then I had a smart thought and decided to actually use ALL of the bananas in our house. I usually end up throwing one or two of them away. They get all black and runny and I don't want to bother at that point. Even though, I do know those would probably be the best ones to make banana bread. I made banana muffins and  I then used the "Quick Caramel Frosting" recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor cookbook, to finish them off. It should be noted that my Dad has said this particular frosting would make sh*t taste good. Not that I'm going to test that out or anything. Ewwwwww!


That is pretty much what I did for the day. I then made some really awesome tasting chili for dinner. I plan on making chili cheese nachos with some of that, tomorrow. I definitely don't need anymore food for today. After all that dessert and the frosting I shouldn't eat sugar for the next month, either!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring recipes!

BB said...

I will!! Everything was fantabulous!