Friday, January 13, 2012

Well now it looks like winter.

I did have plans for today. I was, however, paying attention to the weather since it was supposed to potentially dump 1-3 inches this morning. I told the hubby to be careful because of possible black ice. He called me 15 minutes after he left (and still on the road) and said it was like a blizzard. The snow was definitely coming down fast and furious. Sadly (well not for me) the children still had school. No delay or cancellation. The bus was 15 minutes late, which would attest to the bad roads.  I am assuming they made it to school since I haven't received a phone call.

This is what it looks like outside, now...


Yes, it's January. So yes it's okay and no I won't complain (at least not too much.)

Onto another topic....  C#2 came home the other day and handed me a pile of papers from school. In this pile of random papers was a US map quiz with the fantastic grade of a 52.  A 52?!?! It was on the Midwest states. Apparently they had taken quizzes on the northeast and southern states, too. Since, C#2 insists she never has any work to do when she comes home I have now made it my mission that she will know the ENTIRE US map. I found a handy website and printed off empty and labeled maps.  We have been doing this for about a week and she has yet to get a 100%. I am determined to learn it myself, too.

It has been said that I am not being "fair". This was in reference to my insisting on C#2 to learn the US map. But, in my defense C#2's teacher does let them retake their quizzes and guess what her highness got!??!?!!?!?!!!!??!?!!?!? A 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um yeah! Being the mean Mom apparently works. I think I will just continue with that....

Till next time!





No comments: