Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Here's what I've been reading...

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard.


I didn't know much about the assassination. I wasn't aware of all of the people and other events going on at the same time...It was very well written and a quick read. My friend recommended it to me and it was well worth it.

On a side note... It kind of reminded me of The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. The Killer Angels is listed as a novel, but, it is very factual. There is a movie called "Gettysburg" that is based on it -- also very good.

I also read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This is the first book in a trilogy written for young adults. It is all the rage and there is a movie coming out in March. It only took me a few days to read - it was that good! The whole idea behind the book reminds me of something out of a Stephen King novel. Of course, it's cleaner and there are no "F" words. 


I am currently reading the second one. And it is just as entertaining as the first (at least so far.)

That is all I have for you today. I have a lovely crick in my neck, shoulder and arm and feel slightly incapacitated.  Till next time...





No comments: