Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Breakfast of Champions!

I had the oven on and I always feel the need to multitask it...  C#1 and C#2 had eaten the butternut squash pie for breakfast and it's now all gone. I figure the only "bad" thing about it was the sugar. I mean the squash is good for you, there are lots of eggs in it, milk -- that definitely sounds healthy!!!  Anyway, back to the story and the multitasking. I still have some squash to use and decided to use up the mashed bunch and make not one but TWO tasty pies --- for breakfast food. C#1 and C#2 were delighted!!! And it definitely makes it easier for me, since I have to force/fight them to eat something before running to the bus.  Here is the final product:



It should be noted that I added a coconut topping to the pies. I stole that idea from a squash casserole recipe.

The children are both looking forward to tomorrow's delicious meal... I will let you know the verdict tomorrow!

No comments: