Thursday, October 13, 2011

Well that was really dumb.

I have two email addresses. One is the main and the other the more anonymous (aka where I send all of my spam crap.)  I was expecting an email so I checked the anonymous one and happened upon a very odd email. So, I clicked into it and got a little too click happy and lo and behold a trojan virus infected my laptop. I did not know this until the next day when I turned it on and it kept putting up weird messages and notifications. I feel like a complete fool. I am usually VERY good about not opening anything and I was bamboozled by this.  The stupid virus completely toasted everything on the computer. Thankfully it was the "back-up" computer and that my memory sucks, so I don't really know what I lost. Grrrrr.....

The hubby was able to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows.  It was decided that I would indeed purchase a new laptop for work and give the newly formatted computer to the children. So, I guess win - win. Except that I didn't necessarily want to spend the extra money on a new computer. The children are excited, especially C#1, since the "old" laptop (I've had it for more than 6 years) will run some of the games he likes.  I was already considering replacing it, just not so soon.  Now I will trust NO email unless I know exactly where it is coming from. I feel like such a dunce. I sure hope this doesn't happen, again.....

On a happy note. We ordered the new laptop Tuesday afternoon and it was here Thursday afternoon. Now that was fast!!!!!!!!!!!  It works great and was super easy to set up. And C#1 is giddy. So all is good...

On a side note, has anyone noticed the abundance of spiders in their houses?! ICK and EWW!! And more ICKKKKKKKK!!! I've found them everywhere. Big mammas in containers and even one crawling up my leg. Yes, I did shriek. And I was NOT amused.

Till next time.....


No comments: