Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Me Negative?!?! Nahhhhhhhh....

I call it being a realist. Here's a definition - realist - a person who accepts the world as it literally is and deals with it accordingly. Yeap... That's me. I don't apologize for it either. I have decided to take off my rose tinted glasses and see the world as it really is.  I am right MOST of the time. Does that make me negative or a pessimist?! I think NOT!  I know we are supposed to give people the benefit of the doubt, which I do --- sometimes. But, while being all gracious and benefity you need to be a realist. Then if it turns out like you think, you won't be surprised. Disappointed maybe, but, surprised, no. OR if it turns out all peachy keen, then you CAN be pleasantly surprised. Sounds good to me!  


I was recently speaking with one of my BFFs about life and how the past/present have two separate blocks.  I think I finally figured out (well at least for me....I might be slow on the uptake, but, it makes perfect sense, slow or not.)  I view my life in a "Before and After" mode. There were certain life events that skewed my vision.  Before life, was all rose tinted glasses. I was invincible and everything thing was hunky dory.  I should state that I was accused of being a "Miss Negative" before, too -- but, not at the same level as now. "After" life mode isn't all rose tinted glasses. I know I am no longer invincible and life isn't ALL hunky dory. Bad things happen more often than I'd like. That doesn't mean I am all down in the dumps. It just means I'm a realist. I enjoy things when they are all peachy keen and I (try to) handle bad things appropriately when they come along, too. 


I am thankful for the Bible doctrine in my life. I do try to live life with grace...  But, I think I will always be a realist. I will do my best to have the right attitude towards "things." But, that's a HUGE work in progress (I think it's a lifetime job/task) Thankfully we only need to live one day at a time. Any further than that and I'd be a mess....


On a less "negative" note (heehee dontcha love my play on words?) For dinner tonight I made chicken pot pie with a twist.  You ask what was the twist? Bacon.  I came up with that, because I didn't have the right kind of soup. BUT, I did have a can of chicken/bacon/corn chowder. It all started with an empty pie shell that I needed to use. I notified the lovely husband and he wasn't impressed with the idea, but, agreed to eat it anyway.  I used a total of three recipes from three different cookbooks. One was a chicken/turkey combination cookbook. The other two were a Campbell's soup and Paula Deen. So in a sense I made my own recipe. Another twist was sauteed mushrooms and onions. You canNOT cook anything without onions (well dinner food.) I believe it is against the law.  Anyway, after all that explanation, I have to report that the darling hubby did indeed LIKE the pot pie. HA! It had a cheater biscuit Bisquick top and he was thinking it was going to be a pie top crust. I thought it was quite good, too. I made sure to make my extensive notes in the Campbell's soup cookbook, so that hopefully I could make it the same way, again. I couldn't take a picture of the inside (well at least not a nice one). It was falling all over itself, so you will have to be satisfied with the picture below...








That's it for today. Later!

No comments: