Monday, October 10, 2011

I knew it wasn't me...

On Friday afternoon my ISP decided to be all flaky. It would continually disconnect, and reconnect all afternoon, evening into the next day. The lovely husband insisted I call (WHY do I have to do it every time?!)I made the call and after talking with the tech dude he said he thought it was our line and it might need a repair. He issued a ticket for a diagnostic dude to come check it on Monday. Bahhhh Humbug! I hate it when the internet gets all flaky on the weekend. It NEVER fails!!!!

At about 6:30, Saturday night, it all of a sudden started working. What?! I know I didn't do anything. I did try and cram all the cords tighter into the modem thingy -- but, that was out of pure desperation. It continued to work fine all night and into Sunday morning. 

When we got back from our Sunday routine, we discovered that, alas it was still working. I decided to call the ISP and tell them to NOT come on Monday, since they said morning and no one here had to go anywhere, because of the holiday (aka DAY OFF!) The tech guy sounded like a moron. He said he wouldn't cancel the ticket, because it takes longer to cancel and if I needed to reissue one, blah, blah, blah.... I am not sure how THAT was my problem. But, I agreed.  I asked if there had been any problems in our area. I figured he could check. He said there was a similar issue in the area, but, to still keep the ticket. 'HUH?! Whatever. I was determined to stay up late and if they insisted on sending someone out to look at it IN-THE-MORNING, I would answer the door with my pjs and they would just have to deal. 

Well the morning came and went and no diagnostic person showed up and no telephone call was received. I guess they fixed it. Which I knew and it wasn't MY fault..... I guess a phone call might have been nice. But, I didn't expect that either.  Anyway, the internet still seems to be functioning. Let's just hope it stays that way.

On a sad note. I have recently lost my battle with the salt and vinegar chips. I wasn't going to proclaim my weakness to the world, but, decided to 'fess up. I am soooooooooooooo ashamed. DAMN chips! I have NO self control.  AND I refuse to stop buying them. Good thing I kept all of my bigger sized clothes... I'm gonna need'em!

Till next time...

No comments: