Thursday, October 27, 2011

CUPCAKES!!

Now that is definitely a good inspiration to blog.....

I was searching out the "perfect" birthday present for my Dad. It should be stated he is a difficult guy to buy for. I seriously don't have any good, creative ideas on what to get. So my usual default is his favorite foods. The hubby and I were at Walmart and we managed to find his numerous "favorites."

I was then thinking that getting him his own cake might be fun and a surprise. He usually "shares" a birthday party with my sister and I. Walmart has a very nice selection in their bakery and they had some cute very frosting-ey cakes (my Dad loves frosting, almost as much as I do.) When the husband spotted some vanilla cream filled cupcakes with awesome looking buttercream frosting on top. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! Who knew such a thing was done?!? I know that my favorite donuts at DD are the vanilla cream filled (not the pudding ---- it has to be the cream stuff.)   Thankfully they are only sold in a twelve pack and I knew the parents were going out of town, so we (me, hubby, C#1 and C#2) would have to eat some or most of them and still share! Whooohoo!!

Anywho....  I went over to my parents house for breakfast and brought the tasty treat. My Dad did not know about the cupcakes (or the presents.) I made sure to bring some candles and my stellar voice. Mom and I broke out the birthday song and gave my Dad his own birthday song/treat!


They were delicious!! Definitely in the past tense, since they are all gone, since, they were DELICIOUS!!!! I know I already said that, but, it needed to be repeated.  My surprise was a success and yummy to boot!

ANDDDDD... To top it off, my Mom took me out to lunch for my birthday, since she won't be in town when that lovely event occurs! It was definitely a beautiful day in the neighborhood. :)

Till next time......

No comments: