Monday, October 31, 2011

I do love dessert and COFFEE!

I got this really nifty cookbook called "Entenmann's Big Book of Baking." I purchased it at a discount store for super cheap. It has loads of awesome recipes. Anyway, I made the "Apple Cinnamon Bars." They didn't actually turn into bars, since, I doubled the recipe because I could not find the right size pan. AND I had lots of apples that I needed to use.. Anyway, it turned out GREAT!!! The ultimate compliment was the hubby asking for seconds AND for some cheddar cheese to eat with it! I know that some of you might think that cheese and apple pie or apple whatever is nasty. It is actually quite good and a huge compliment that the hubby wanted to have it with these bars, or actually cake, since it was more cake-y.



I must say the recipes in this book are something you might see in a "Barefoot Contessa" or Paula Deen cookbook with all of the butter and heavy cream! Butter is the secret to everything -- the more the better!!!

After picking up C#2 from a birthday party, I had to stop at the store and was delighted to find coffee creamer on sale! And there were some yummy new flavors to choose from. I usually buy the sugar free french vanilla by the bucket load at Walmart, but, I am open to a variety. There was Cafe Latte and Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha. I was happy that one of them was sugar free.  The only reason I go the sugar free route is because I was shopping with my sister and she made the observation that there were less calories in the SF flavors. Less calories is always a good thing! I glanced at the calorie difference between my two new finds and it was only 10 calories more for the not SF kind. So PSHAW to the calories.  The Cafe Latte was the creamer choice for today and I must say it was delicious! It must be those extra 10 calories. I still like my  french vanilla, though....


There you have it dessert and coffee! My favorite things (well two of them....)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it! I love that you added pictures of the creamer. :) YOu are turning into a pro blogger. And butter does make everything better!!