Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Summertime!

I know, you know that already, but, I had to think of a title....  Today was one of my many nephew's birthday. His Mom and my Mom planned a small-ish shindig at the grandparent's house. My Mom bought a package of 36 cupcakes from the local warehouse store for a mere $13.98 or something like that. And they were delicious!!   Have I mentioned that I have a weakness for butter cream frosting -- even the fake factory stuff. Sooo, soooooo good!!!!  The birthday boy's Mom also brought a Slip 'n Slide for the kidlets to play on. It proved to be a small children toy. C#1 couldn't get the hang of it. So, he took it upon himself to push the nephews on the slide, so they careened into the bottom pillow thing and ate some grass.  They did enjoy it though. C#2 tried to be graceful and ended up on her butt and banging her head. After some tears, she decided to assist C#1 with the little cousin pushing.  It eventually started to rain and we all ventured back into the house and then on our way home.

My Mom is doing good. She is still struggling with words, remembering them, saying them, but, I think she is improving. She has taken it upon herself to do word searches and such.  She is also able to function pretty well on the computer and managed to read a recipe, to make a delicious black bean salsa.

We're going to chill out at home tomorrow and hopefully get some work done. AKA laundry, clean rooms, the list goes on and on....  I will hopefully have something entertaining to report next time.

No comments: