Sunday, July 24, 2011

Homemade Salsa!

I bought a manual food processor from a Pampered Chef party. This device is AWWWWWWESOMEEEE!! I finally broke it out of it's box and made some salsa. I used three Roma tomatoes, 1/3 red onion, two garlic cloves,  1/4-1/2 cup banana peppers with the juice, lime juice (yes, I actually had a real lime to squeeze into it,) lemon juice to add to the lime, fresh cilantro (that actually came out of MY "garden" pots!!), half of a hot pepper (I rec'd from a friend,) salt and pepper. (I think that's all.) It was so good!!! I say "was", because C#2 and I ate it all.  I am glad there was no more, otherwise I would just continue to eat and eat and eat..... I really have no self control when it comes to food such as that.

This week I plan on making some homemade pesto, too. I have a very large basil plant and two pots FULL of basil leaves. I will have to let you know how that turns out. I will also be making banana bread (I have some black/nasty bananas to use) and blackberry pie and something raspberry. Not sure what exactly. Gotta love this time of year.

We are all still melting in the heat. It makes me very thankful for the A/C in our living room. It looks like it's supposed to cool off a little at the beginning of this week --- but, then it will get all hot and summer, again. Good times!

No comments: