Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To clean or not to clean....

That is the question.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I find cleaning highly overrated.  I do understand the concept and I do like it when it's all nice and neat. But, the reality of it is, especially if you have children, is that it will not last longer than five seconds. So, what IS the point of it?  I am all about finding any rationale not to clean.

We don't have company that much and I figure if you're family or even if you're not and have been to my house, sayyyyyyyyyy more than two times, then I don't need to clean for you. I won't require it of you either. Not that I would require it anyway, in a normal not visiting circumstance. Too each his own dirt, as far as I'm concerned. Seems fair to me!

My Aunt was visiting last week and she said she assigns her daughter with a "daily chore." I have now adopted that practice and my children seem to be adapting appropriately. Heehee!!  This definitely makes it "okay" to clean, when it seems entirely pointless. 

I am not a perfectionist, but, it took a little bit of "letting go" when it came to some of the tasks assigned to my kids.  I have become very comfortable with letting the job not be completely finished, if I don't have to do it.  Especially when it comes to dusting. I.HATE.DUSTING.  Don't get me wrong. I don't like it when you can write notes to one another on the living room end table. But, I hate it enough, that I don't really care. That said, I have now assigned this lovely task to my children and I am sure when they are old enough to "task" it off to someone else, they will do so, because they hate it, too.  Ahhhhh..... The circle of life.

No comments: