Monday, December 3, 2012

French Toast Waffles!


A little while back I was feeling generous - aka okay with standing over the griddle iron while everyone eats yummy delicious breakfast. But, C#2 was excited to have "french toast waffles" --- so I agreed.


I found a lovely cookbook called French Toast: Sweet & Savory Dishes for Every Meal by Donna Kelly a while back and it had the brilliant idea of making waffle french toast!


It's basically, make your regular french toast per usual, but then slap it on your waffle iron and VIOLA!! French toast waffles!!!  I like it because it adds some extra nooks and crannies for the maple syrup and butter to hide.  I only had one "complaint" from the hubby. He likes the "mooshiness" of french toast, so I guess he isn't a fan. He's right. Cooking them in the waffle maker makes them more ---- hard, less moosh. But, to each his own. It is definitely a mixed up way to eat french toast or would that be waffles?!? Hmmmm...

I should tell you all that my dear C#2 did indeed get her homework finished in time. This week's challenge will be C#1's science project --- that.I.have.been.babysitting.from.the.get.go.  I can't wait till it's done and done well and I'm off the hook!!!

Till next time...




No comments: