Friday, December 14, 2012

Cookies Galore 2012: Part 2 and Piles of Sh*t!

Me and my bestie did not finish our cookie adventure last week.  We then made a plan to finish up the next.  That day there were gingerbread cookies, chocolate caramel mini bars (we didn't do the mini part) and lemon drops on the agenda.  I have 2 of 3 recipes on hand.

Caramel Chocolate Mini Bars (I blogged about this recipe, so here's that blog again, with recipe attached.)
http://beckysbiscuits.blogspot.com/2012/11/caramel-chocolate-mini-bars-yes-please.html

Lemon Drops:
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/recipesearch/recipedetail.jsp?recipeId=91531


Part 2 cookies 
(Pardon the fuzzy picture I had to use my cellphone. I forgot my camera.)

We started by making the gingerbread cookie dough, since it needed to be refrigerated. 

Once that was done we started the caramel chocolate bars. Here's where the sh*t HIT the fan! The stupid chocolate chips would not melt right. After shortening was added and it was stirred and stirred and stirred, it seemed to be cooperating. 

My bestie had a very nifty trick with a plastic bag and a frosting head.  Howeverrrrrrrr, it kept getting plugged and the plastic bag was not faring so well, from all the pressure. And this is what happened --->


It looks like it crapped on the caramel bars.


And then there was a big pile of SH!T!! 

Chocolate pile of sh*t, that is. But, doesn't it look like a good pile?! We were laughing our heads off and when I slopped it up, it had a very uncanny resemblance to a pile of kid poo.  But, I could lick my fingers after. Bwhahahahhwhhahhhahahahhhaaah!!!

After the chocolate mess was cleaned up, we went onto the lemon drops.  We actually had  the necessary yellow sugar! My bestie had some in her "store." What are the chances of that?!?!  I was just going to settle for granulated sugar, but, alas, we didn't have to...  



And then the gingerbread.  BTW --- Gingerbread cookies are a pain in the arse!


We did two sheets of cut-outs and then got lazy and proceeded to roll them up and then smash them with a fork, like a peanut butter cookie. That was much, muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh easier.  And quicker, too!

Anddddd before leaving I took the top picture and then posed the lone horse with a pile of poo ---->


Do ya see it?!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHH!!  I am easily amused.

So there you have it. Cookie Day #2.  Till next time...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curds and turds and cookies ... oh my!