Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Allergic To Bananas?!

The other morning, C#2 didn't get out of bed until the last second. She grabbed a banana for breakfast and then started complaining about stomach cramps. Hmmmmm... I knew she wasn't faking.  I told her to hit the loo lickety split to see if that remedied the situation. But, alas, it did not.  *sigh*

I informed C#2 she could indeed stay home, butttttt, it would be straight to bed and no television -- since her illness didn't seem to be that bad.  But, it was bad enough that I didn't want her to be stuck on a bus with screaming kids dealing with a "belly" (I know I wouldn't have appreciated that.)

She went back to bed and crawled out a couple hours later anddddddd  she was just fine. I put her to work, since the no television rule was definitely in effect. She cleaned out a couple clothes drawers and tidied up a bit. Then hung out in bed.

And then... The next morning comes around. Her Highness, gets up and grabs the last banana. I had a thought pass quickly through my brain, "Maybe it's the banana?!?!?"  Then it quickly went away -- the thought.  Five minutes later she's complaining about her belly, again.  For REAL?!?! I tell her I think it was actually the bananas. Here have some saltines, a glass of milk. We need to mix it up a bit, to hopefully stave off another bout of the belly!  

Thankfully it appeared to work. And she was all fine and dandy and went to school. She survived the day sans belly problems.

During that day I decided to google bananas and stomachaches.  My thinking was always that bananas helped a belly issue. I mean, isn't that what you eat when you get over the flu or the stomach bug?!?!  Wellllll, apparently some people can have a sensitivity to bananas or be downright allergic. Who knew?!?!  C#2 has eaten so many bananas in her day, I would have never even thought it would be problem.  So, now we have to be more cautious with that.  Nice.....

Anyway, that's it for today. Till next time...


No comments: