Saturday, September 8, 2012

There's a Storm's a Comin'!

Well, that is what they are saying... Of course, when you look at the radar on any weather website or look on the tv, it does indeed look like there's a storm a comin'!

In preparation I already took my shower (you know in case the power goes out.)  I also filled up a bunch of juice/water pitchers with water.  I wouldn't want to be without my coffee -- regardless of the power being out or not! Yet, another reason to be thankful for my gas stove. P'SHAW! You power outages. I can still boil my water!

There is also a potential for some crazy a$$ wind and hail. It would hurt me physically if my tomatoes that are still hanging on got damaged because of some stupida$$ storm, so I picked all the red/orange/green-orange tomatoes. I am even tempted to pick the green ones of fear of destruction.  But, I resisted.


Here are the green/orange ones, that will need to sit in the sunlight to get red. But, I know they will cooperate, since I have done this in the past.


Here are the more red ones, that were "saved" from the impending storm.

And then I thought, I maybe should "harvest" what is left of the swiss chard. I cut a bunch of it down in my grow boxes and then proceeded to pick it from my little pots. Then it occurred to me ---- I could just bring those inside. Duhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!


Here is my little pot of swiss chard, my dinky basil, my lettuce that has gone to seed and my ridiculous parsley, that I mostly ignore.


And here is my "big" pot of swiss chard. The leaves are all little, so it takes a TON to make a decent amount. But, beggars can't be choosers.

So far all it's done is rain. But, the "good" stuff isn't supposed to happen until later.

Last week I took C#2 to a local consignment shop. She didn't want to go, but, I insisted. I used to visit this place all the time and have lessened my visiting, since I spend wayyyy too much money and I already have wayyyy too may clothes.

This is what she scored:


3 jeans, 1 dress, 3 shirts (actually 4 -- I missed one,) and a pair of Nike sneakers. ALL for $28.50!!!  I looked up Nike Jordan sneakers (which is what they are) and found they are selling for quite a bit on ebay. I could not convince her to give them to me, so I could make a profit. Okay. Fine. Be that way! She was very excited to find them and I was very excited to only pay $3.25 for them.  I only buy off of the half price rack at this store (well mostly.) I am such a cheapskate and it pains me to pay "full" price.

Well that's it for now. I do have some cooking stuff I was going to do today, but, with this stupid storm coming through, I might just wait.

Till next time...





No comments: