Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Little Rant About School Supplies.

I know this is weeks late, but, I still feel the need to share.

After spending a small fortune on school supplies it was determined that we did NOT have everything.  Mind you, it was only one little thing. But, after buying a ton of loose leaf paper, folders, 3 ring binders, pencils, pens and notebooks, I thought we were good. It should be noted that I went "school shopping" for the first time without the "lists." The thing is that you have to go shopping in late July - early August or you will miss out and have to buy stuff that is way more expensive or deal with that ugly notebook with a silly frog on it.

Okay, okay.... Onto the rant. Walmart had a very lovely sale of .17 cent folders. So I took advantage and bought a bunch. Lo and behold, C#2's teacher insisted on plastic folders for her class. They last longer, don't need to be replaced, blah, blah, blah...  Welllllllll... When we finally made it to the store to buy this coveted folder, it was a whopping $1.47!!! FOR ONE FOLDER!!!! I could buy 8 (YES EIGHT!!) of the other folders for this one. She could replace it every almost every month of school and still not spend $1.47. Sheeeeesh!!

I don't understand the logic behind this. It really isn't that hard to switch folders. And I don't give a crap about "being green."

So there you have it my school supplies rant.

Till next time...


No comments: