Friday, September 7, 2012

Melancholia: A Review






Our internet recently decided to cooperate and we can actually use Netflix. Which is like really awesome! Of course, you could sit on the couch searching tv shows and movies all day.  Anyway, I was looking to maybe purchasing "Melancholia." It got good reviews and it sounded gloomy. My kind of flick. I didn't buy it and I'm glad.  1. I could watch it on Netflix. And 2. I don't think I would have watched it, ever, again, ever.

The first five to ten minutes were very weird. Classical music with funky images. Then it goes to a wedding and it is very clear that everyone is messed up in this bridal party.  It slowly meanders through the wedding and then another problem is presented. There is a blue planet headed straight for earth, or is it?!

It should be stated that the female lead has major issues with depression and her sister isn't much better.  There really isn't that much going on and I can't really say anything else, otherwise I would give away the ending.  Read: Slow drama, more slow drama, and then the end.

It wasn't a horrible movie, but, definitely not something I'd recommend or watch, again. I am glad I was "multi-tasking" -- aka working.  Otherwise, I would feel like I sort of wasted two hours of my life. And the fact that it was on Netflix, saved me some moola, too.

That's it for today... Till next time.


No comments: