Thursday, February 9, 2012

Company!!! To clean or not to clean...

One of my BFFs was coming out to my house for lunch. I was debating how much should I clean. If at all?!? My usual rule is if it's family, I don't clean. Wellllll....  I did pick up some of the miscellaneous crap that was laying around. That said, being a BFF, she might as well be family. You know the family you choose. This particular BFF has been to my house, but, never in it.  And I should mention she keeps her house spick and span.

 I don't remember the last time I or one of my house slaves (C#1 and C#2) have dusted or cleaned off the vents or washed out the tub (not that the tub needs to be washed for this event), or even done much of anything.  I have a personal relationship with my dust bunnies and my kitchen floor will NEVER be white, again. It's all scuffed up and dinged.  And the dishwasher needed emptied and that was C#1's job at least five times ago. But, he said, "I'm sick..." Which he is. He has this stinker cold and is a boogery baby. So  who do you think unloaded the dishwasher, again?  You guessed it! ME! again. I am soooooooooooo not impressed. The whole reason for the Cs is to do my house chores. But, I digress.

I decided that I would vaccuum, straighten up the kitchen, dining room and living room area. I refuse to dust, because, I hattttttttttttttttte dusting. And there is a reason for doors. To hide the mess. That said, all of the bedroom doors were summarily SHUT!

We feasted on french onion soup, quiche, chicken cordon bleu and super fudgy brownies. I skipped dinner that night!

We then had a trio BFF event for today. One of them is moving far, far away and we are trying to cram in as much "get together" time as possible. She wanted to "share" her favorite sub shop with us. The whole draw is the sub sauce and it is deeeeelicious! Especially when it soaks through. Check out these sammies!




Two of them were made "cosmo" style, which means they were topped with cheese and then melted in a broiler. It was amazing! My only complaint was that I said, "Sure" to extra onions and they proceeded to add an ENTIRE onion sliced onto one sandwich. That was a bit much.

It was a beautiful, unseasonably warm, February day. We decided to visit a dear friend's grave site and leave flowers. We cleaned up the area and made it look all nice and neat.  Then we reminisced for a little while. It is so nice to have BFFs to share special memories with.  

Till next time...






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think it might be time for an intervention. And, BTW, your BFFs are ENABLERS to your cheese addiction!

Unknown said...

My sister actually said to me once that she found it impressive how clean and tidy my house is whenever she comes to visit. To which I, of course, said..."UM, YEAH! But only cuz I know you're coming!"

BB said...

Advance notice is always a plus! That's really great you clean for your family! ;)