Sunday, February 5, 2012

And now I am a Germaphobe.

Not that I wasn't a bit of a freak when I was out and about any way. I am constantly telling me kids, especially C#2 to NOT touch ANYthing! I mean how hard is it?! I guess for a kid it's incredibly difficult.  It's bad enough that I have to push the "petri" dish cart. I mean ewwwwww!!!  And then deal with all the coughing, boogery public. Double ewwwww!

Well, my feelings on this subject only intensified after watching the movie "Contagion" last night with the hubby. I should also mention that one of my BFFs is a nurse and she said this could happen. I mean it is kind of a stretch, but, not too much......  Where's my plastic bubble?!?!?!?!


I had to make a trip to the store after Bible class today and I did NOT get a cart or a basket, since I knew I would be going out to eat afterwards with C#2. Of course, after seeing the above mentioned movie, I am not sure eating out is such a smart thing either. And sadly, the first store I went to did NOT have what I specifically needed, which meant I had to go to another store. Another double EWWWWW!! And there were way more  people and more hacking and coughing and boogers.  

I think I have washed my hands a zillion times today, already.  I need to make sure I lotion them up, or that could create another problem. Okay, okay.... Now I sound like a paranoid freak.  Maybe I will become one of those people who wears a face mask and plastic gloves everywhere I go. Then it would be confirmed that I am a paranoid freak.  Well, we don't want that, so I will refrain.

I should also mention I finished 1984 by George Orwell.  Let me just say messed up! The book was fascinating. The first "party slogan" they throw at you is:

 "WAR IS PEACE 
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY 
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."



 I was a little confused at first, but, as you read the book, it all makes sense. It was some crazy sh*t!!  


It reminded me of another book I read, that was actually a true story. It was called Brainwashing by Edward Hunter.  It is about the Korean War veterans who survived  the POW camps. That was a very interesting read, too.



That's it for today. Till next time!






No comments: