Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It must be one of THOSE days...

Or mornings, that is.

I woke up at the bright and crispy time of 3:45 a.m.  I lay in bed and continued to doze off for the next hour or so. Then I remembered that C#2 had a science project due today. I decided to get her up at 5:30 to finish up. She said she was done, when I woke her, but, wanted to add more stuff to her poster. I proceeded to print out another picture and she wrote down some information. I made breakfast for C#1 and C#2. Everyone was happy...... 6:38 rolls around C#2 decides to add MORE stuff to her poster. WHAT?! The bus will be here in 10 minutes! She continued to work on her poster for a few more minutes and then was done. She headed out to the bus and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Two minutes later C#2 was shrieking outside. I opened the door and said, "What is going on?!" She was having a serious mental breakdown because her hands were cold. Again, WHAT?!?! She knows that it's cold outside, do I have to revert to treating her like a kindergartner and making sure she has all her warmies on? She continued her crying and I ran into the house and grabbed some of (my) gloves. She kept saying, "I can't feel my hands!!!" Really, it's that bad? Well okay, maybe. I saw the bus coming up the road and told her to "KNOCK IT OFF!" Yes, please read the caps lock as yelling. I was seriously not understanding her breakdown.  THEN, C#1 came over and informed me that his hands were numb. I asked him if he was going to cry, too?! Yes, I know not the best response. But, what the heck?!?!? He said he'd be fine and stuffed his hands in his pockets like a good child.  He apparently doesn't know how to dress for the winter either. Niceeee...

This afternoon, I will be making list of what needs to be found the night before school. I am going to MAKE them get their crap together -- including gloves, the night before.  I should mention that C#1 decided to try and find his other winter coat five minutes before the bus came, too. Totally NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you all think I am an awful person/mother. I don't really care. These children have a few winters under their belt and shouldn't be so surprised it's cold outside.  Guess what? It's December and it's cold outside.

Okay, I am done ranting on that topic. I know everyone is waiting with bated breath. And my house is --- drum roll please ---- not done. Yeap! They ran short. Again. My house apparently has too many angles. The dude putting the siding up, figured they were gonna be short. When they ran out I called the bossman and he was not pleased and was like ,"I told Cindy (supplier person) blah, blah, blah..." He said he would put a rush order on it. Which means it will take two weeks to show up. Wow! That is fast (sarcasm.) But, whatever, there is nothing I can do about it but, b*tch and moan. The sad thing is it is only going to take about 10 minutes to finish. Here's a picture of what is left:



Yeah... Not much left to do.

On a not so b*tchy note. We did get our Christmas tree this past weekend. We went all "Griswold" and headed out into the wild.


It was a bit of a challenge to find a tree. They were already picked over  and finding the perfect one is so important. We didn't have any snotsicles or frozen eyelashes at the end. So I guess it was a win. We got it home and I had already wrapped most of the presents. Once the tree was plunked into the stand and the decorating was done, the presents gave it the perfect finish. Thankfully the process was mostly drama free. Which in my book is the most important thing. 



So there you have it. My last few days in a nutshell. Now I need to water the tree. I completely forgot until now.... YIKES!


2 comments:

JCC Kiernan said...

Bad parent? Ha! You knew C#2 had a project due and gave her the opportunity to finish it up. And your kids are old enough to keep track of the weather outside...I, on the other hand have a one-year-old with a snow suit and some autumn-appropriate jackets. If it's not snow-suit weather, I end up layering her until she looks like The Christmas Story kid who can't put his arms down, then going out with only a hoody on my own arms...good example, right?

Do as I say, not as I do! :)

BB said...

Well I thought they were old enough to know.... I guess they need a reminder. Kids these days. Sheesh!! :)