Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tis the Season!

This week I had my first "real" corn on the cob -- grilled!!! Whoohoo!! The local farm put out their stand and it was delicious!!!  I love this time of year!

I also made some chicken with pesto and Swiss cheese. The pesto consisted of fresh basil leaves, olive oil and Parmesan cheese (which I made in a blender.) I didn't add the normal pine nuts, since I didn't want any crunchy in the chicken. I egged then panko breaded one side of the chicken (that I pounded till thin.) Put that in a pan with olive oil. Put glob of pesto on chicken, topped it with Swiss cheese and semi-rolled it up. Fry until done. I had to turn them once -- I used tongs.  It was a winner!


I paired this with a Swiss chard pasta. A recipe I got from a friend. I also added mushrooms, which was a plus.

Now I am "house sitting" while the roof is getting ripped off my house.  I just hope it doesn't rain, even though it would be good to get some rain. 

Till next time...


No comments: