Friday, April 29, 2011

Yes, I was one of THOSE people....

...who watched the "Royal Wedding." Not that I "give a duck." As the lovely Brits would say. I was in the same thinking as Frankie, on the last new episode of TV show "The Middle." She was harassed about wanting to watch the wedding, because it was pretty.  My thoughts exactly!  (Although she did take it a bit further than that. But, you will have to watch it for yourself to see.)And guess what?! It was pretty and they seemed genuinely happy.  I must say I am a bit of a romantic. I remember seeing pictures of the late Princess Diana's wedding and just loving her dress and the procession... I was all of 5 1/2 years when that brilliant event happened. I always enjoy seeing beautiful, happy brides and of course, the happy groomsmen, too.  I think my favorite part of the whole thing was when Kate and Will came out on the balcony to see the enormous crowd awaiting them and it clearly took her by surprise. She said, "Oh wow!" at the sight of so many people there to see her and her new husband start their life together.  Oh! To be a princess..... Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want to get married like that in a million years!! And the fact that I'm already married.... There is a lot to be said about eloping. Not so much fanfare, saving yourself a trillion dollars, not worrying about losing weight and the fact that your face won't be stuck in a permanent smile, like the Joker (in "Batman", in case you don't know what I mean) after smiling, for hours on end....  It can all become too much of a chore.

Well I really should bring this to the end. I have a party to prepare for and have done basically nothing so far. Thankfully it's just family. They will just have to endure the dust bunnies and cobwebs and be thankful for a free meal.........................  Later!

No comments: