Thursday, April 28, 2011

Well the good news is...

We weren't washed away in the storm. The bad news is, not everyone was so lucky.  There is a two hour delay in our school district and many others, because of flooding, washed out roads, etc...  I received official word that there are a number of roads under water in a nearby town and lots of buildings with flooding, too. There are advantages to living on a hill and this is one of them.

I was woke up at 2:30 am and after pulling the earplugs out of my ears (yes, I wear earplugs -- don't judge -- they work great for most snoring/outside noise) I discovered that there was a LOT of thunder and lightning happening.  That said, I couldn't get back to sleep.  I think I am now feeling the same weariness I did when I birthed child #1, on this very day, some years ago. Except I don't have the very large stomach or horrible contractions every couple of minutes. Which is a GREAT thing. ;)  Like I now always say, "Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. And I won't be revisiting that event. Again. Ever."

All righty! That is all for now.... Be back soon, I promise!!

No comments: