Thursday, June 13, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits and a HUGE savings at Walmart!!!

I was perusing through a magazine and saw a recipe for parfaits. I didn't have some of the ingredients and decided to make my own.  It turned out to be a hit and I've made it twice in the last three days.

Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
Serves 4

1 1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries (I also added some frozen fruit - strawberries, mangoes & blueberries)
6 TB sugar, divided
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
3 graham crackers, crushed

1. Combine strawberries and 2 TB sugar in a bowl. Mash the strawberries with a potato masher, to create juice -- leaving some chunks. Stir and let stand while you prepare the cheesecake.

2. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 4 TB sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.

3. Spoon 2 TB of the strawberry mixture into each of the 4 parfait/sundae cups. Top with a heaping tablespoonful of cream cheese mix. Top with crushed graham cracker crumbs. Repeat these layers, ending with the graham cracker crumbs.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.


This recipe is really easy and you don't have to use fresh ingredients -- frozen works pretty well, too! The first time I made it I had to supplement the fresh strawberries. The second time I made it I used only fresh strawberries (I had just gone to the store.)

Speaking of going to the store, I must share how much I saved with price-match at Walmart.  Are you ready for it?!?!?!?!?!?  Approximately $45.90!!!!! Whoohoo!!! I had C#1 and C#2 with me. Let me just say they were not impressed with the excursion, but, I figured they should have to suffer, too. I had to sit at the orthodontist for 1+ hours waiting for their faces to be properly adjusted.  Of course, I tortured them with Sam's club, too, where I stalked S#4.  S#4 was busy working, but, I got lucky and the manager, who was instructing her, opened up a check-out lane. I got out of there before a LOT of people who were waiting in line. I felt a little bit bad, but, only a little.  C#1 and C#2 were pleased with the express check out.

Anyway --- That's it for today.
Till next time.......

No comments: