Saturday, June 29, 2013

Coconut Cream Pudding Cookies with Coconut M&M's and Cherry Pie!

A little while back I got a message from my BFF requesting I make these ultra coconut-ey cookies. Oddly enough I didn't have all of the ingredients.  Who has coconut cream pudding mix and coconut M&M's in their pantry?!?  Well, I didn't --- for shame!  It took me a couple weeks to get these extraneous items, but, alas I did.

Let's just say the dough was a-ma-zing!!!!!!!! And yes, I am one of those people that eats raw cookie dough. Salmonella be damned!!  C#1 liked the dough, too, but, I decided I should make the cookies, since said BFF wanted some...

Coconut Cream Pudding Cookies with Coconut M&M's
Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (4oz) package instant Coconut Cream Pudding mix (pudding comes in a weird 3.4 oz size or something, but, I only used one package.)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup Coconut M&Ms (about 4 small pkgs) (I bought a big bag --- I didn't even see the small bags at the store.)
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Combine flour and soda in a small bowl and set aside.  Cream together butter and sugar.  Beat in pudding mix until blended, then eggs and vanilla.  Add flour and soda mixture. Stir in coconut M&M’s, flaked coconut, and chocolate chips.  Using a cookie dough scooper, place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack.  Store in air-tight container.  Makes two dozen.  (I made way more than two dozen.  I did however use the small cookie scoop and restrained myself from eating all of the cookie dough.)


They were very easy to make. The only difficulty was wrangling up all of the ingredients... I will definitely be making these, again!

AND I've decided parchment paper is the BEST! I knew this, but, it worked wonders with these cookies!



I also made cherry pie.  I actually made that before the cookies, since the dearest hubby requested it this morning.  The only annoying part about it was that I was using fresh cherries and had to pit 5 cups worth (the rest of what I had available.)  Let's just say I have some nasty looking fingernails, now.

I used the recipe from Diner Desserts by Tish Boyle on page 34-35.  I should state that this book has the awesomest recipe for "Coconut Dream Pie" and "Jumbo Blueberry Muffins."


I searched for the recipe online, since I am far to lazy to type it out, but, didn't find it. So you will just have to either buy or borrow the book. 

But, here is what you get.... And I didn't even do the latticing right. It looks kind of duh, but, it tastes great!!



The recipe said to eat it slightly warmed. I added the ice cream! And yes, it tastes as good as it looks!

So there you have it. My cooking adventures for the day. 
Till next time...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good recipe (I'd probably skip the M&Ms and just toss in some choc morsels), but my GS doesn't like "onions" in his cookies! The pie looks exceptional. Makes me want some.

BB said...

I will be making it, again.... I'll save you a piece.