Friday, June 7, 2013

Baked Eggs!!!

Yes, you read that right. Baked eggs.  I was perusing the Internet and came upon a recipe for this lovely creation.  I decided to tweak it and make my own similar creation.  The great thing about baked eggs is that you can make a whole bunch of them and easily microwave them in the morning to make breakfast sandwiches.  I guinea pigged these sandwiches on C#1 and C#2 and they loved them!  I had two right after I baked them sans muffin. They tasted like a mix of fried and hard boiled.  I find you usually can't add salt to an already fried egg, but, you can with a hard boiled.  You can definitely add salt to the baked eggs, which makes them great in my book.

All you need is a cupcake pan, cooking spray, eggs, salt and pepper, and butter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Spray all of the cups in the cupcake pan. Then crack an egg into each.


2. Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper. Then put a dab of butter on each or however much you manage to glop onto each egg and only if you want to.


3. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes -- depending on your desired doneness. 15 minutes makes them all hard. If you cook them for a little bit less the yolk is soft-ish.


4.  Pop them out and enjoy! They seriously just pop out. Get a knife or whatever and they come out easy peasy!

To make the breakfast sandwiches I cut the eggs in half and put a piece of Velveeta cheese on each half (of course you can use whatever cheese you want or no cheese at all.) Then I sprinkled each half with crumbled bacon and microwaved it for about 1 minute.  While the egg was nuking I toasted an English muffin.  Once everything is cooked to their desired doneness place the egg/cheese on the muffin and chow down!  


The eggs are "thick" so it is easy to slice them in half.


Here they are after being nuked for about a minute in all their cheesy goodness!


Not sure why I took a picture without the cheese melted on it, but, I'm sure you get the gist of it.

After making 12 eggs and once everyone was done with their sandwiches, I put the rest in a flat container (with a lid) for storage in the refrigerator.


This IS the container I used. It fit 2x4 eggs perfectly!

So there you have it baked eggs. I know it sounds weird, but, it tastes and works great!

Till next time...





No comments: