Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pickle Relish

Today I realized that I had time to whip up some tuna macaroni salad.  However, when I went on a search for pickle relish, there was none to be found. I was deeply disappointed, since I usually have extras of everything on hand.  I went to the internet and found a very easy relish recipe. But, again, I didn't have the right pickles. But, I was able to get an idea of what to do.  I did find a new jar of bread and butter pickles, and decided that, that would do.

1 cup diced pickle (you choose your flavor)
2-3 TB yellow mustard
1 TB pickle brine

Put all three items in a food processor and process away! I used the Pampered Chef manual processor and it worked deliciously!

It turned out perfectly and I proceeded to add it to my tuna macaroni salad mix.


Of course, it looks really strange on top of the other salad ingredients, but, I forgot to take a picture before.  The salad was very good. And almost everyone liked it. But, that is the usual MO in this humble abode.

That's it for today. Till next time...



No comments: