Monday, March 3, 2014

The cat ate my homework IS a real excuse.

C#2 had weekend homework.  This was sort of an anomaly. The teachers are usually nice and don't assign such tasks for the weekend.

C#2 was extra careful all weekend long to make sure that this lovely poster didn't get even a fleck of dirt on it.  She at one point wanted me to hang onto it, while we were traveling.  After I deposited her homework back into her possession it proceeded to roll onto the floor.  She then proceeded to blame me for not keeping track of her homework.  *sigh*  I informed her that it was not my responsibility.

Back to the story. This morning about six minutes before she had to go out to the bus, she discovered that her "precious" homework had ended up on the floor.  I was putting lunch ingredients away and heard C#2 say a very profound, "Shit!" Upon closer inspection it was missing a piece.  It should be noted that I have heard C#2 swear out loud only a couple times in her life.  This was a very traumatic event, apparently.


We of course did not find the missing piece (pictured above) so we had to be creative. I found a glue stick and a piece of white paper and proceeded to hurriedly glue the clean paper to the poster. I found C#2 a pen and told her to fix the empty spots. Viola!  Well sort of. It definitely didn't look as good as it did. I did find the missing piece after she had gotten on the bus and was on her merry way.

I wrote a note to the teacher explaining our ordeal. Let's hope the teacher is merciful.

That's it for today. Till next time...


No comments: