Saturday, March 22, 2014

EZ-Doh Bucket --> My new toy!

One day not so long ago, my friend and I were talking about a "bread bucket."  I personally had no idea what that was, at the time.  Apparently it is a bucket with a churning hook used to mix bread dough manually -- meaning no electricity required, meaning potentially easy way to stir/knead the dough without too much hassle and did I mention no electricity?!  I looked on ebay and found one for a mere $225.00 and it was a rust bucket --- literally.  So pretty much you'd have to make sure everyone had a current tetanus shot before using/eating anything made from said machine.


Actual picture of said bread bucket, aka rust bucket, that is listed on ebay.

I then meandered onto Amazon and found the EZ-Doh contraption.  I thought that was quite intriguing.  I looked at the reviews and one person loved it and another didn't.  Apparently the inside of this particular tool was too smooth.  The person who loved it had a remedy and I figured, what the hell!?! I'll give it whirl.  I've always wanted to make a loaf of bread when I was camping ---- errrrr... Not really. But, I could and that is what counts! Right?!?

Anyway, I have the lovely fast shipping service from Amazon, so my new toy showed up on a Saturday! Whoot!  And here it is in all it's glory:


Now, I just have to get inspired and make something. And that probably won't be today.  "They" were nice enough to include a packet of yeast, so there is no excuse to be had.  Of course, I will need flour and whatever else is required and that is all nicely listed on the opposite side of the plastic bucket.  That way I can't "lose" the recipe. Those EZ-Doh people are so smart.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyy, I will definitely report back after I make something in this contraption.  

That's it for today. Till next time!

No comments: