Monday, December 30, 2013

Cinnamon Fudge

I decided I needed more sweets this holiday season and made fudge. Lots and lots of fudge.  The favorite was cinnamon.  The original recipe was for peanut butter, but, I tweaked it.  I got the recipe out of the book Eagle Brand Classic Recipes, on page 102.

2 (10 ounce) packages peanut butter flavored chips I used cinnamon chips and I have the sneaking suspicion that any other type of chip might work, too.
1 ( 14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk.)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
1 cup chopped salted peanuts I did not put nuts in the cinnamon fudge, but, I did put it in the PB fudge.

1. Butter 8 inch square dish (Grease a piece of foil with butter or margarine.). In 2 quart microwave safe bowl combine chips, milk and butter. Microwave at MEDIUM 4 to 5 minutes, stirring at  1 1/2 minute intervals. I cooked the mixture on the stove and stirred it constantly.

2. Stir in peanuts and pour into prepared dish. Cover and chill 2 hours. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator. Like I said I didn't use peanuts in the cinnamon fudge mix, but, I did use chopped Spanish peanuts in the PB fudge.

3. Flip the fudge out the pan and gently remove the foil. Turn over, cut and eat.

I don't have a picture. It was all eaten and I was too busy to get one. But, trust me it tastes GREAT!

That's it for today. Till next time...


I added some pictures. Not of the cinnamon, since there are none. But, you can see what other fudge I made.


PB/chocolate with nuts and chocolate chips.


PB/chocolate, PB with nuts, Chocolate caramel, Dark chocolate.



No comments: