Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Grilled lemon chicken

So yeah... I suck at updating my blog. I have a gazillion food pictures and recipes to blog about, but, alas, I refuse to dedicate any time to it. Until now.  Maybe this will get the ball rolling, again. Don't count on it!

Anyway, I was looking at a news site and it had a neat idea for cooking fish on the grill. You put slices of lemon underneath said meat and it won't stick. Welllll, I thought that "should" work for chicken, right?!?

 It sure does!

2 lemons sliced (not too thin, so they can endure the grill flames.)
2 large chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces and flattened to uniform size.
Salt & pepper for seasoning.

I use a grill pan for on the grill. It's much easier to clean and if the grill gets obnoxious and "flame-y" it lessens the char burn damage.

ANYWAY...  Put the lemon slices onto the grill pan and put the chicken pieces onto the lemon slices. Season with salt and pepper.  And grill. Just make sure to watch it and flip it to evenly cook.

 I did find that it took a little bit longer, since it had to cook through another layer.  Also, be prepared for the lemon slices to be charred/burned to the grill pan.  It just took some elbow grease to get it off the pan.

The chicken had a nice, light, lemon-y flavor.  The hubby even suggested it would be good on a salad. And I would have to agree.

I will definitely be making this, again. Super easy and great.



Till next time...

No comments: