Friday, August 23, 2013

Two recipes from Diner Desserts -- Rum Raisin Pudding and Lemon Meringue Pie!

I have been making "new" stuff or should I say actually using my cookbooks -----> well one of them.

Diner Desserts by Tish Boyle


I have made many a rice pudding in my day (I had a favorite recipe.) However, I now have a new fav. "Rum Raisin Rice Pudding" on page 108. And I found a link, so I don't even have to type it.


I followed the recipe, mostly to a T. I did, however, use Jasmine rice instead of long grain. It cooked faster that way and was very delicious. My only complaint is that it is more labor intensive than my previous favorite.  But, it was well worth it.

The other dessert I made was "Sky High Lemon Meringue Pie" on page 42.


And yay for finding a recipe link for this one, too!!

I actually remembered to take a picture:


I don't remember the last time I made this. It wasn't hard, but, it was time consuming. Lots of stirring and boiling and more stirring and more boiling.  I followed this one almost to a T, except I didn't have any lemon zest. I just went a little bit heavy on the lemon juice concentrate.  I also didn't add the salt, since I didn't have any unsalted butter. It didn't taste strange, so that worked, too.

I chilled it (vs room temp) and it was great! I will be making this (and the other recipe), again.

That's it for today.

Till next time...


No comments: