Sunday, August 11, 2013

Beer Battered Fish!

I am trying to eat what is actually in my freezer and I came upon three swai fish fillets.  There was a discussion sometime in the previous week about beer battered fish.  So I figured, I would do that.



I knew I had a recipe sitting around somewhere, but, where could it be?!?! I looked through my many, MANY cookbooks -- and you know I have many. And I found one!

But, first speaking of many cookbooks, I found a way to store even more cookbooks!!! You know that you can never have too many.


What happened was, I was getting something (I don't even remember what) and everything started to avalanche onto the floor. *Sigh*  Just what I needed to do. An unintended clean up/task.  However as I worked on shoving everything back into their correct position, it occurred to me that if I stacked these delightful cookbooks horizontally, I could actually see/fit more. Whoohoo! 

Anyway, back to my original story.  I had purchased Betty Crocker: Bisquick to the Rescue book from a bargain basement type store and remembered that their was a recipe for beer battered fish.  Not only was it a quick find, but, it was quick to make, too!

I even found a link, for the recipe, on the lovely internet.  I don't even have to type it out.


I did add paprika, pepper and granulated garlic to the batter for more flavor. It tasted fantastic!

If you want to find it in the book, it's on page 177.

I also made steak fries and squash.  The fries were a hit! The squash ----- not so much...


I liked the squash, but, for some reason the peeps in my house don't.  Their loss.

That's it for today.

Till next time....






No comments: