Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pesto Calzone

I have loads of pesto and now it's time to figure out what to do with it besides freezing.  I was thawing bread dough and thought I could make a pesto calzone!



Roll out one frozen then thawed bread dough loaf (thaw it overnight for the best thawed result) in a large circle or oval. 

Mix together 3/4 - 1 cup pesto, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

Spread pesto onto the unbaked crust --  on half of the dough, leaving 1 inch at the edge. Top with about 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.  Fold over and pinch to seal the crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is light brown and firm.

Let cool for about 5-10 minutes then slice.  

I made a marinara sauce for dipping.

Delicious!


I will definitely be re-making this. Especially since I have loads of pesto.

Till next time...




No comments: