Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pancakes

Per usual, there was a breakfast request last weekend. The hubby said, "Pancakes!." C#1 said, "Pumpkin pancakes!!" Well then...  I did make pumpkin pancakes back in November, since pumpkin seems to be a seasonal thing. Which in reality it really isn't.  I have plenty of canned pumpkin in my pantry!  We can have it whenever we want.

I, however, could not find that recipe. So I took it upon myself to make my own. I found two that didn't quite work and decided to combine and change and just make it work.  And it did. Beautifully!!

2 cups Bisquick (I like to cheat.)
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1-2 TB sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or however much you want.)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (I would add more, but, decided to put a "number amount" for instruction happy people.)
1/2+ cup pumpkin puree (that extra can in your pantry will work perfectly!)

Mix it all together with a whisk. Once it is mixed well scoop 1/4 cup of batter and cook on melted butter skillet. Makes about 12 or so...

Let's just say they were gone in a flash. I should have doubled the recipe and had some for leftovers. They were perfectly moist and just the right size. 

I still have a very full can of pumpkin, so I might just make a bunch and stick them in the freezer for future early morning breakfasts. Or maybe we'll just have a pumpkin pancake dinner.  Two pancakes entrees  in one week isn't too much, right?!?  I didn't think so.

That's it for today. Till next time...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

e-me so I can grab your address on new computer