Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ranch Chicken

Holy smokes! It's been over a year since I've done the blog thing. Talk about major slacker!

Anywhooooo...   I had a container of ranch salad dressing to use and no one was using for salad - for shame! I needed to find a creative way to use this dressing. I was NOT going to waste it! I looked through many cookbooks and all of them used dried ranch dressing mix.

Well shoot! I guess I need to figure out a recipe of my very own. And here it is:

1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
4 strips bacon
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or skinless boneless chicken thighs or a combo of both.)
Non stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave the bacon on a plate with a wet paper towel on top for about 3 minutes. Trim and cut up the chicken breast into 4-6 pieces.  Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon and place into a greased glass casserole.

Evenly pour the dressing over all of the pieces of chicken. Place baking dish in oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.



This recipe was/is amazing! And super easy!! It was definitely a great way to use leftover ranch dressing.

Till next time... And hopefully it won't take a year.

No comments: